20/07/2011

Ideas + Interests

I went to an attraction on the Gold Coast called Infinity, which was a maze through which you explored various rooms that had different effects and illusions in them. They use a combination of sound, electrical components, mirrors and lights to create these really neat effects. One of the best rooms was the Light Canyon environment which made you feel like you were crossing a bridge across infinite space. I think this is a really good precedent for my project as I really like exploring how you can manipulate the mind or eye to visualize specific things.

I am also interested in how we can re-configure or re-think the way stories are told or experienced. Perhaps this has something to do with being able to giving the reader a choice in the narration. How do we visualize what we read? How do words transform into visual interpretations?


No comments: